When discussing traditional hiring practices, the first thing that comes to mind is the manual review of numerous resumes, a time-consuming task. Additionally, recruiters invest significant effort in crafting job descriptions to ensure the position appeals to potential candidates.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been revolutionizing the recruitment process for quite some time now. The statistics show a remarkable shift – over 73% of companies plan to invest in recruitment automation, with over 85% of HR professionals predicting AI to handle various aspects of the recruitment process.
AI helps process huge amounts of applicant data. It goes beyond the surface to create a more complete and well-rounded picture of each candidate. This blog explores how AI job matching benefits recruitment processes and leads to better and more insightful talent acquisition.
What Is AI Job Matching?
AI recruitment tools use advanced algorithms to go through and look over candidate profiles and job descriptions carefully. It evaluates academic qualifications, work experience, and salary expectations. Moreover, it sees if the candidate would fit well with the company. Accordingly, it shortlists suitable candidates.
But how exactly does AI do this? Are there specific techniques? Yes, there are. AI uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) to scan and understand job descriptions, resumes, performance reviews, and other data sources.
What’s impressive is that AI tools understand even the tiny details and patterns in language, which helps them find essential information to make hiring decisions. This makes AI better at matching job candidates accurately.
How Does AI Job Matching Work?
AI tools do job matching by checking many candidate profiles and evaluating them based on predetermined recruitment parameters (benchmarked success profiles). Some of the methods it uses for job matching are as follows:
- Automating resume screening to identify the skills and qualifications as required for specific vacant job posts
- Sourcing candidates from online platforms, such as job websites, and social networks, such as LinkedIn, to expand the talent pool and single out passive candidates (candidates not actively looking for jobs)
- Using chatbots to answer applicants’ queries and carry out preliminary interviews to collect data
- Utilizing AI-driven video interviews to check not only interview responses but also facial expressions and tone to assess communication skills
Benefits of AI Job Matching
Here are some of the benefits of AI job matching for employers as well as the candidates:
Better Candidate Selection
Of all the benefits AI job matching offers to the recruitment process, better candidate selection is a prominent one. In fact, 58% of recruiters have found AI to be particularly valuable for candidate sourcing. But how exactly does AI manage to do that?
Firstly, AI makes the initial stages of hiring smoother. After analyzing many resumes and profiles, it chooses candidates closely matching the job requirements. Since this entire process is automated, you can save a significant amount of time.
Secondly, thanks to highly effective algorithms, you have fewer chances to miss out on well-qualified and talented individuals. With data analytics, NLP, and ML, you can get precise predictions and recommendations, making it possible to shortlist suitable candidates more efficiently.
While manually hiring a candidate, biases can occur: a recruiter might prefer one candidate over another. Such bias in hiring can happen due to several reasons, such as:
- A recruiter may form an opinion about a particular candidate based only on initial impressions.
- The candidate may seem like someone the recruiter would easily socialize with outside work.
- Biases can also happen based on gender, ethnicity, and age.
Leading to unfair and unequal opportunities for candidates, biases can harm your organization’s retention and diversification efforts.
Resolving such hiring challenges, AI job matching comes with the potential to decrease bias in talent acquisition. In fact, 68% of recruiters acknowledge AI’s ability to remove biases from hiring.
But how does AI help create a fair hiring framework? Well, since data-driven algorithms are the basis of AI-driven systems, they check candidates based on their qualifications and skills only and not personal characteristics.
In other words, candidates are selected based on merits only, using AI. This makes the process impartial and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusivity in the workplace.
Time and Cost Saving
For hiring managers, the main goal is to look for and hire candidates who are most qualified in terms of all their predetermined hiring parameters. But, candidates often get frustrated due to prolonged hiring periods.
But did you know that 67% of hiring decision-makers consider AI’s ability to save time its main benefit, while 30% also appreciate its cost-saving potential? This is all thanks to the fact that AI job-matching capabilities have the power of automation.
AI tools can do most hiring tasks using their complex algorithms in much less time and without manual effort. So, not only does it decrease time-to-hire to fill job vacancies but also the talent acquisition cost that comes with lengthy recruitment cycles.
Better Candidate Experience
AI job matching can improve candidate experience in various ways. Here’s how:
- AI tools can accurately match candidates with suitable job openings. So they can receive job recommendations that match their qualifications. This makes it more likely for a candidate to get a role that matches their skills and career goals. This approach also saves the candidate’s time.
- Faster response times and communication with candidates are prominent ways to improve candidate experience. Using AI, you can automate messages to keep the candidates informed in the entire hiring journey, such as acknowledging receipt of applications and giving updates on their application status.
These aspects of personalization, responsiveness, transparency, and efficiency in the hiring process lead to a more positive candidate experience.
Best Practices for Implementing AI Job Matching
To adopt an AI recruitment framework or tool into your organization, you must have an organized process, successful integration know-how, and the ability to remove AI biases. This section explores the best practices to implement AI job matching for hiring in your company:
5-Step Process to Adopt AI for Job Matching
- Define the recruitment objectives of adopting AI in your organization.
- Give the quality and quantity of your existing data a thorough check. From data management to analysis tools, you must have the necessary tech infrastructure to support AI.
- Invest in an AI recruitment solution that matches your recruitment needs and goals based on customization, scalability, and integration with your existing human resource systems.
- Train your HR teams on how to use the AI system so that they know how to interpret AI recommendations.
- Monitor the AI system’s performance and make changes to the algorithms to improve results over time.
Tips for Successful Integration
- Accurate data is vital for AI tools to work correctly. So, make sure your data is clean, complete, and up to date. If not, you can opt for data preprocessing to remove errors.
- Involve hiring managers and other relevant stakeholders to take their input and feedback for the AI solution’s customization as per your organization’s needs.
- Speaking of customization, customize the AI system according to your specific job roles, industry, and company culture.
- Your AI recruitment system must follow data protection and privacy regulations. Also, let your candidates know how their data will be used.
Preventing AI Matching from Discriminating Against Candidates
Without a doubt, an AI recruitment tool comes with a plethora of capabilities. It can handle most parts of your hiring activities. However, AI algorithms can show bias if they’ve been trained on biased human decisions or historical or social inequities. This may lead to discrimination in AI job matching. But, including human oversight in hiring decisions could be a great solution.
Adding human intervention to the AI-driven hiring process allows for reviewing algorithmic decisions. This way, poor algorithm decisions can be rectified, leading to fewer to no hiring biases. It also maintains the importance of human judgment. The result? A fair recruitment process, leading to inclusivity!
Using AI-based job matching algorithms can improve the hiring process to a great extent for you as well as your candidates. You can use it to scan candidate profiles and job descriptions to make more accurate selections. On top of that, human oversight would help prevent biases, leading to an equitable hiring process.
With more than 90% precise culture and value fit prediction and a 70% reduction in hiring time, Pulsifi offers a high-performing hiring platform that ensures you make the best hiring decisions based on predetermined success profiles. It gives you tailored recommendations based on various data points. Using its 6 psychometric and cognitive assessments, you can make the most of its insights-based analyses to select the right candidate for your organization.
Experience Pulsifi’s high-precision platform today and make the best hiring decisions.
Book a demo now!